- 10 hrs guided individual project work
- The students can critically read scientific articles
- The students can present scientific articles
- The students gain an understanding on how scientific articles are written
- The student broaden their scientific background by attending the colloquia
Astrophysics is an international discipline. It is important to know what research is done in other places. Therefore regular talks (Colloquia) are held by Astronomers from all over the world.
In addition masters students give a student seminar every year in which they critically discuss a recent article, present the results and lead a discussion on the topic of the paper.
See Dr. Gijs Nelemans at the start of the academic year to choose an article and get a date assigned.
Each Astronomy master student will have to give a presentation each year in which he/she is doing his/her masters.
Attendance and quality of the seminars.
Compulsory for masters students Astrophysics